DIY S’mores Board
At La Marca, we are all for pairing Prosecco with a classic charcuterie board. This fall, we have teamed up with food stylist, Julianna Vezza, to take inspiration from this hosting staple and celebrate it in a new way, with s'mores! If you are looking to elevate your bon fires, then you need these tips in your life. Make sure you have a chilled bottle of La Marca Prosecco to enjoy with this sweet treat!
1. Presentation is everything. Find the perfect board to display your s’mores ingredients. Some suggestions are wooden boards, marble slabs, large plates or baking sheets. Your ingredients need to have room to breathe, but you also don’t want to have too much empty space. It’s all about balance! For a fun pop of color on your s’mores board, incorporate a bottle of La Marca Prosecco with its iconic blue label.
2. Choose a variety of chocolate. We recommend using dark, milk and white chocolate so there’s a variety for people to choose from. The varied colors also make the board more visually appealing.
3. Incorporate fresh fruit. As there is so much rich chocolate throughout the board, it’s important to balance it out with fresh and light options. Some ideas are strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, sliced apples, or sliced pineapples. (Pro tip: Look for Rosé Berries, available from June-September, which add a nice ombre pink color to the board). Pairing with La Marca Prosecco will also work to balance out your board as the fresh bubbles and crisp taste complement your board’s creamy and chocolatey elements.
4. Make your s’more unique. If you want to create new flavor combos, try using spreads like peanut butter, hazelnut spread, caramel sauce, chocolate sauce, marshmallow sauce or jam! Including these unexpected toppings on your s’mores board and offering guests a glass of La Marca Prosecco to drink alongside is the simplest way to turn this nostalgic campfire staple into an effortlessly elegant occasion.
5. Add a crunchy texture. Change the texture of your s’mores by adding some crunch. Try adding pretzels or chopping your favorite nuts.
Here are some fun s’mores combos to try:
● Classic S’mores – Honey Graham Cracker, Milk Chocolate, Marshmallow
● Chocolate Peanut Butter – Chocolate Graham Cracker, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow
● Turtle S’mores – Honey Graham Cracker, Pretzels, Caramel Sauce, Dark Chocolate, Marshmallow
● Strawberry and Chocolate – Chocolate Graham Cracker, Sliced Strawberries, Milk Chocolate, White Chocolate, Marshmallow
● Berry Hazelnut – Honey Graham Cracker, Berries, Nutella, Marshmallow
● Peanut Butter Marshmallow – Honey Graham Cracker, Peanut Butter, Marshmallow