Cold is the new cool.
Winter solstice: the longest, funnest night
- WHY: Winter solstice marks the beginning of the end of our coldest season. Plus, as the shortest day, that means it’s the longest night. Who’s up for that?
- INSIDE: Plan to start your party indoors, warming everyone up with a low-pressure chili cook-off and just the right cocktail.
- OUTSIDE: Provide plenty of places to sit and mingle, and let your more winter-loving guests build a bar out of ice blocks if you live in a snow-friendly state.
- ROAST: If you have enough room outside, build a mini-bonfire and make midwinter s'mores, using chocolate mints for a refreshing twist. Indoors, use a fireplace or even a candelabra to toast up your marshmallows.
- MIX: Bourbon & Bubbles. Don’t you get a warm feeling just reading that?
bourbon & bubbles
Assemble the ingredients:
- 4½ oz. La Marca Prosecco
- 1 oz. American whiskey
- ½ oz. orange liqueur
- 3 dashes sweet bitters
- 3 dashes bitters
Stir the bourbon, liqueur and bitters. Strain into a coupe glass while simultaneously pouring in your La Marca Prosecco. Garnish your bourbon & bubbles cocktail with a lemon twist.